Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 24: Is that for real?

In nursery poems, and kiddie tales, I often saw pictures, of homes. Small slices of heaven where nice people lived. A place all green, happy and lush. A cute mailbox at the entrance, windmills on the side, flowers in the courtyard, and fields in the backyard. Then, I grew up, and gradually, developed a liking towards the concrete jungle that we call home. And then, one day, in Taiwan, I saw this... (Pls click on the pic for a better view)


The point is, I am not even sure if I will be happy living in a place like this. I still prefer my small house in a big city. But look at this place! Doesn't it look like a blown-up image of what we saw in nursery books? Almost like Disneyland! Like a mirage from a different reality.

PS: There was even a small Basketball court on the other side!!

6 comments:

tumblingwords said...

Where is this????? I want to see!!
But Taiwan is soooo beautiful! :)
I read your post on the interesting shop! *clears throat*! That I definitely have to see!!! Tellllll!

VegTraveler said...

I know i cant stay in there, unless it is built bang in the middle of the city. I have been around a lot of village towns recently...fuck..i'll take mumbais hustle and bustle anyday..

the best flat mate ever said...

So you should bring your kids to Taiwan to study for living that place, hehe!

Hotwani said...

@Mum2Atlanta: Mumbai all the way dude. Mumbai all the way...

@SaTing: Point no. 1: STOP calling yourself the best flatmate. Let others say it (if they feel like) for a change!!

Point no. 2: You are really obsessed with Taiwan and studies, aren't you? This is what happens when your high school takes away your entire day. :P

spicymist said...

I bet the wife manipulated the husband into living in a fairy tale house.

VegTraveler said...

@spicymist: as long as there is happy ending everyday, may be the husband wouldnt mind..