Saturday, May 15, 2010

The MONTH that was

The moment I tell someone I spent a month in Taiwan, the template reaction goes like, “WHAT! A MONTH!” Yea yea, I know, it was a ‘month’, and that’s precisely my point. It was a ‘month’, not a ‘decade’. So RELAX. And it’s not that long a time if your math goes like:

5 (days of initial chaos and figuring out how to get around a country where you can’t speak, hear, OR read))
2 (the day you landed and the day you left)
10 (days of traveling)
5 (days of doing nothing at home)
3 (days of other miscellaneous work)
5 (days of what-the-fuck-it’s-a month-already)

So you see. That’s the MONTH!

Bottom line: When you are visiting a new country AND don’t intend doing a Raj Travels and Tours dekho of the place, a month is just about OK.

And stumbling, tumbling, till I figured the ropes of Taiwan, a month was over. No. Not complaining at all. A month was just PERFECT! (just spare me the OH-MY-GOD reactions, pls)

PS: So now, it’s back to Memoirs from Mumbai!

1 comment:

VegTraveler said...

OH-MY-GOD !!! A MONTH!!!!!