Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And that's MY journalism

Perhaps the only reason why I still love journalism...

Respected Mr. Vikas Hotwani,
This letter refers to your article on Vishal Sarvaiya, dated 22nd December 2009 titled "special moves". A very inspiring article about a very special person who's so talented yet grounded and humble (Vishal). We "normal" people really need to learn to count our blessings and "capitalise" on our talents. Your article about a common youngster, just like us, has really been a very beautiful pre-christmas present. :) A little about me: i have had my share of problems too. I was diagnosed with Acoustic Neuroma at the age of 15 and had an urgent surgery for the same. I've lost my hearing in the bargain (right side) and am greatly dependant on lip-reading and other healthy senses. right now, at the age of 23 yrs, 3 surgeries hv already been performed over me. By God's grace, i am well dnt hv financial crisis n stuff. Just bouts of depression sometimes. Your article caught my attention, as i actually watch out for this gem of a guy on D.P.L and its a treat to watch Vishal dance so very well. lastly all i would like to say is a thank you to you for such a wonderful article, and my Best Wishes to Mr. Vishal Sarvaiya, who has inspired me so much, ( i dnt dance but i'm studying as a Dietitian) i have printed your article and whenever i feel low i'l read it to remind myself i'm not the only one struggling. Regards n best wishes.

(Reader's name withheld)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Someone's getting fan mail! Badhiya hai!

Sonali