Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cross connection

It’s a small stretch, from the main Mirror door to the elevator. Barely 10 steps I believe. However, the nuggets of one-liners that you hear (YES, you OVERHEAR, happy?) surpasses all imagination. They are funny, quirky; even insane. Here are some precious nuggets that I have gathered of late.

* So tell me what’s happening…..Arre, how come nothing? You must have gained weight, lost weight, something to must be happening!!

* Dekh, aisa baat nahi hai. Tereko thode time ke liye sasta hajaar, paanch sau ka hotel bhi milega, par tereko majaa nahi aayega.

* (girl standing in one corner, and on the phone, visibly angry) Tum naa SICK ho…..SICK….Kya ho tum?.....SICK……nahi main keh rahi hoon…..SICK!!!

* You know I have all the opportunities in this city. I can leave this job any moment. Don’t believe me?

* (two women bump into each other) Helloooooooooo. How areeeeeeeeeeee you????? How you beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen? I am goooooooooood. I heard you were travellingggggggggggg.

* Accha chal off record bol de. Arre OFF RECORD. Par Off record mein kya problem hai? Arre bol naaaaaa.

* This Shahrukh has gone completely cookie!


And every time you pass by, there’s something or the other. Just need to keep your ears open.