Thursday, October 14, 2010

Games of joy!

Gurvinder Singh, a Delhiite, was present for the Commonwealth Opening Ceremony. And here are some of the pictures he took. Honestly, you can get better pictures if you just Google, or maybe if you check out the news websites. But these pictures are different. They are different cause they were taken by a spectator, just like you and me. They were taken by an Indian sitting there, fingers crossed, praying there’s no fuck up.

There's something different about pictures when they are taken with a humble digicam, especially to capture moments that make you very happy (and no, it's not the quality that I am talking about). I am not sure if you understand, but it’s very VERY different.

Either way, BEAUTIFUL pictures!!


















10 comments:

Unknown said...

nice picture...n unforgetable asgment

Manali said...

The pictures are indeed beautiful! :)

Hotwani said...

@Kok Leong: True. Were you there as well? Just intrigued.

@Manali: After seeing these pics, I was happy cause well, anyone wud be happy. And then I was sad cause I WASNT THR!

Unknown said...

nope..im not be there..can imagine..
b'cos i was aslo a photojournalist three years ago..

Unknown said...

actually i saw your blog from a chinese article(reader digest chinese version).just would like to ask dat u can write in mandrin even talk in mandrin?

Hotwani said...

@Kok Leong: Naah. I dont write Mandrin. Those guys were kind enough to translate it for me.

Unknown said...

anyways..nice to know u..
i from penang,malaysia.

Anonymous said...

stumbled across your blog and the stunning photos caught my attention. started reading your blog and find myself thoroughly entertained....keep up the blogging!

Hotwani said...

@Kok Leong: Nice to know u too dude. Stay in touch.

@golfinparadise: Thank you so much. Really appreciate! :)

Unknown said...

http://klalvin.multiply.com/
this is my blog...but all in mandrin,mayb we can share the photo..