Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 6: Morning bath? WEIRD!

I am a pig, a dirty filthy creature inside a seemingly civilised entity. Which is why whenever I am on a vacation, (or when mom is out of town), I make the most of it and don't have a bath. Eww? Whatever!

Well, but not here, in Taiwan. Knowing that I have my own country's 'image' to look after, I religiously have a bath every morning. However, my Taiwanese roommates still find me weird. Why? Cause here, in Taiwan, people bath in the night, before going to bed, and NOT in the morning. They say that one's body is dirtiest at the end of the day (hence the bath). And once you bath in the night, why do it again in the morning considering all that you do is lie in the bed.

And you know what? It makes PERFECT sense to me! In fact, this is exactly what I tell mom whenever she insists I take a 'morning bath' DESPITE having one just before going to bed. Somehow, she cannot get the subah ka snaan concept out of her head, and I am forced to go under the shower TWICE in less than 10 hours!

So, this is where, I think the Taiwanese score. Will mom listen?

6 comments:

Your Taiwanese Roomate said...

you are such a werido!!!

Hotwani said...

No more cool song suggestions for you. Haa!

PS: It's WEIRDO.

Radhika said...

No. You just have to make peace with it. No Indian mother will ever get that. No matter how logical it is or even if there is an acute water shortage or if you are on a snow covered mountain with freezing temperatures. You can freeze to death, BUT, bathe you must. Do you know a group in Bandra has started a 'No Bath on Sunday' campaign to help save water? I should come to Taiwan just for this.

Radhika said...

Ah! No moderation! What a relief!

sonali said...

barabar baat hai taiwanese logon ka.

mumbai2atlanta said...

some people will give any reason to get out of bathing...in the evening you will say you are too tired ...you Pig!!!!