Thursday, April 30, 2009

Taken far too LIGHT-ly

Till date, I haven’t been able to understand this. When rich people (well, most of them) organise marriages, what on earth happens to their sense of taste? Do they give it away in dowry or something? Why do they blow up filthy amount of money in the most tacky-looking stuff? I know you want the world to know that your laadla / laadli is getting married, but I am sure there are better ways of doing it, right?

Apparently, some rich gentleman’s beloved daughter is getting married on the occasion of which the entire Kamala Mills is done up. Trust me, I love dhinchak lighting, I really do, but only on taxis, chaat stalls and Anurag Kashyap movies. But when it’s for a shaadi, you can’t have it SO ugly man. What were you thinking? Apollo circus?

Imagine! A sindhi finds it tacky and blingy. I don’t know about the rest.

No comments: